Home Motivation To Infinity and Beyond

To Infinity and Beyond

25
0
SHARE
Curiouskeeda - Start Ups - Featured Image
Source: teepublic.com

“The recipe for success they say is in visualizing goals”.

Before we dwell further on this, let me share with you the story of Rosa Parks. She was an African-American seamstress in the 1920s who was discriminated against on the basis of her color in America. One day she was riding on a bus to go home from work and was forced to climb down to make space for a white man. She chose to continue sitting in the bus because it was her right. She was, of course, beaten up and was forced to climb down but she started the spark of the anti-apartheid movement, which was carried forward by Martin Luther King Jr.. The famous rap star Jay Z says” Rosa Parks sat.. so Martin Luther King could walk. Martin Luther King walked so Obama could run.”

When Rosa Parks boarded that bus, did she know she would be playing such a pivotal role in the anti-apartheid movement? NO. She just wanted to get home in time for supper.

Did Mahatma Gandhi know he would head a freedom struggle so powerful that it would immortalize him as the father of his nation? No!

So, I ask you- if life is what happens when we’re making other plans, then what is the relevance of having goals in our lives?

Then again, would you board a train without knowing where it is headed? Would the game of basketball be fun without the baskets and the balls? Would football have any thrill if the players merely kick a ball around without aiming for the goals?

So I ask you again- are goals important? Yes, visualizing our destination for the future is the most important thing we do in our lives. It is imperative that we visualize the end in order to work towards it.

Without goals, our energy is randomly dispersed on unimportant activities. 

Without goals, we are incapable of prioritization.

A study conducted on Harvard students showed that there were only 3% of students who had actually written their goals and planned for their future.

Ten years later, the same students were interviewed again. It was found that 3% of them were earning ten times as much as the other 97%. The study validated that there is some kind of correlation between setting goals and monetary success.

Didn’t Swami Vivekananda, too, guide the world to ‘arise, awake and stop not till the GOAL is reached’?

This brings my train of thoughts to the station of courage and conviction. There are many who dream but only those with courage, will, and determination succeed in transforming their dreams into tangible truth.

Mahatma Gandhi worked tirelessly and determinedly for what seemed to many a lost cause. We now can safely say that he literally willed India towards freedom. Martin Luther King Jr. had a dream of creating a world free of racial discrimination, where his four children would not be judged by the color of their skin but “for the content of their character.” He achieved this aim with determination, even if it meant losing his life for this cause.

Why should I only quote the famous? You know that spider off the wall? That ant creeping carefully with burden which is double of its weight? They all inspire us. l. They teach us determination. They fall and stumble, but they get up again to reach those nooks in the wall that are their goals. For those who dare to dream, for those who have the grit to strive, there is a whole world to conquer.

Do you know Buzz Lightyear? Let me give you a hint: The astronaut toy in Toy Story? He spoke words that can find no parallel. There is nothing that better exemplifies having a vision  to be able to see respect in others’ eyes towards his skyrocket . Nothing more to plan but to dream of reaching, in Buzz Lightyear’s words, it is ‘To infinity and beyond!’

Do not wait, the time will never be ‘just right.’ Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along. Your limits are somewhere up there, waiting for you to reach beyond infinity.
Curiouskeeda - Start Ups - 1
Source:
toystory.disney.com

So, dream too much! If you dream it, you can do it!

Facebook Comments
SHARE
Previous article‘The Fault in Our Stars’ by John Green
Next article5 Tips for Budding Entrepreneurs
An impulsive writer and compulsive procrastinator, she energizes her daily grind with coffee, diversions and discourse. All she need to get through life is a flawlessly brewed coffee to accompany her vacillation and is lethargically motivated. On days when she is not writing, you’ll find her reading, watching movies and pigging out. Usually an escapist from worldly problem, seeking solace in books and food. Has a master’s degree in classical dance and has left no corners undiscovered when it comes to being creative and learning an art. A crazy coffee sweetheart who earnestly trusts in the magical power of words.