Your hair is said to be your crowning glory, and we all want that crown to stand sound!
Every female in this world desires thick, long, and lustrous hair. From teenagers to oldies, everyone loves their hair because of the pivotal role it plays in defining one’s face and looks. Luscious hair that has enough shine, length, and strength is what everyone tries to achieve, but only a few succeed.
Due to the ever increasing pollution, hair fall, hair loss, and impaired hair growth are common hair issues that people face. Hectic lifestyles and adulterated hair care products are to be blamed for that. But all these are unstoppable. Just as your skin needs care and nourishment, your hair also require your loving attention. A basic hair care routine can go a long way in ensuring healthy hair.
How your hair grows depends on a number of factors and how they supplement and interact with each other. Here is the list of the factors that can deteriorate hair growth:
- Old age
- Unhealthy diet leading to vitamin, mineral, and protein deficiencies
- Weak immune system
- Hormonal imbalance
- Physical stress on the hair, such as overstyling and usage of excessive hair products
- Environmental factors, such as seasonal changes, atmospheric pollutants, and sunlight exposure
- Psychological issues like stress, trauma, and anxiety
- Medications like antidepressants and blood thinners
- Sudden weight loss
So many factors! And a lot of them seem to be out of our control. Hence, you should concentrate on taking care of your hair with natural hair treatments. There are several ingredients, which are easily available in your kitchen, that can fight hair fall, dandruff and scalp infections.
An added benefit of using home remedies is that they are inexpensive. It’s like having the cake and the cherry!
Here are some of the most effective home remedies for hair care that can come in handy for your hair.
Egg and Mayo Mask to Care for Dry and Damaged Hair
It is the best hair mask when it comes to taking care of those dead, dried, and damaged hair
- 1/4th cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg white
- 1/4th cup plain yogurt
- Blend all the 3 ingredients together.
- Cover your hair with the mixture and spread it evenly by running a wide-toothed comb through your hair.
- Leave on for 30 minutes and rinse off with plain water.
- Vola! There you have your lustrous strands back.
Onion Juice for Hair Growth
- 2 red onions
- Cotton ball
- Peel the onions and chop them into pieces.
- Blend the pieces and squeeze out their juice.
- Apply the juice on your scalp carefully with the cotton and keep it on for 15 minutes.
- Finally, rinse off with a mild shampoo.
Onion juice is rich in sulfur that boosts collagen production in the tissues and helps in the regrowth of hair.
Aloe Vera Gel for Hair Growth
- An aloe leaf
- Cut the leaf open and extract the gel present inside.
- Apply this gel on your scalp and hair.
- Let it sit for an hour. Rinse your hair with a mild shampoo.
The proteolytic enzymes found in aloe vera gel remove the dead cell build-up from your scalp and also stimulate your hair follicles. Aloe vera is packed with nutrients that improve hair growth and texture and hydrate your hair and scalp.
Coffee for Hair Growth
- 7-8 tablespoons coffee grounds
- 2 cups water
- Warm water
- Brew fresh coffee using the proportions mentioned above.
- Let the coffee cool down. In the meantime, rinse your hair with shampoo.
- Wring out the excess water and then carefully pour the cold coffee on your scalp and hair.
- Massage the scalp for a minute or two and cover your hair with a shower cap.
- Wash your hair with warm water after 20-30 minutes.
- Let your hair dry naturally.
Coffee contains caffeine that works at the molecular and cellular levels to improve hair growth. It enhances the production of factors that regulate hair growth and improves it. Alopecia patients also use caffeine for hair growth because of its high potency.
Curry for Hair Care
- A handful of fresh curry leaves
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- Add the curry leaves to the oil and heat this up until the leaves form a black residue.
- Be careful while doing so because leaves tend to splutter.
- Once the black residue has formed, remove the oil from the flame.
- Let it cool down. Strain the oil.
- Apply this to the scalp and hair and massage the scalp for a couple of minutes.
- Keep it on for an hour and then rinse your hair as usual.
If you want to improve your hair, come up with a plan and stay consistent. Remember that the treatments may take a few months to yield noticeable results. Be creative with the remedies and mix them up as much as you like.
It’s important that you take time each day to focus on nourishing your hair to get the luscious locks you want. Taking this step and practicing self-care will be extra beneficial if your hair loss is related to any emotional or stress-related issue.