Our beautiful mother nature comes every month by banging at our doorsteps and sometimes with a mere knock. Yes, girls, I am talking about periods. No matter how many periods we’ve got so far we still get affected.We can never get used to them. This 5-day cycle brings with itself some irritation and cranky feels. But we all have to face it. However, it’s nice to know you’re not the only one suffering, isn’t it?
To ease out the torment and problems, it can be the most straightforward things that have the greatest healing power when you’re bleeding. Best of all, you most likely have all these ingredients at your place. (Who doesn’t have a backup of chocolate lying around?!)
What’s important is that you tune in to the signs your body is sending you. If you have a craving for resting and avoiding that party night, line up Netflix and chill. If you have the energy to be all over the place and enjoy, go for a stroll in the sunshine, brighten up your mood. Try not to give anybody a chance to stop you from pampering yourself while you’re on your period. Your uterus is doing some genuine shedding, and it isn’t simple work.
A five-day fiesta of cramps, bloating and pain isn’t anyone idea of a good time. Luckily we’ve got your back with these tips that will help you have an easy breeze lemon squeeze period.
1. Drink up
No, no don’t get me wrong, not talking about having a hard drink. I am talking about having a lemon drink! Lemons contain a good amount of vitamins and minerals that have an alkalizing effect on the body, that balances the bodies’ PH level, It also keeps our bodies hydrated and helps in getting rid of menstrual cramps.
This magic lemon drink is very easy to make.
1. For this all you’ll need is 2 cups of water, some ginger and some lemon juice. Mix all these ingredients together and heat it up.
2. Bring it to a boil, add a tablespoon of honey to it and enjoy!
Lemon as read has required vitamins and minerals, ginger on the other hand drops the severity of the pain and has some anti-inflammatory properties. So, sip away to good health and say Bye bye pain!
2. Removing stains
Now comes that hardest part, removing stains from your underwear. We know, we have all gone through it. So here’s an easy way to get rid of it.
Soak your stained underwear in icy cold water for 5mins, apply some toothpaste on top of the stain and let it dry for a while. Now, effortlessly wash off the stain with no pain. Easy Peasy No?
3. Yoga away
Excessive exercise during periods is not recommended, instead do some yoga. Yoga not only is a way to exercise but also helps you ease the pain to a great extent. Abdominal cramps during periods aren’t just a severe annoyance, but they quite literally cramp you completely. So here’s an easy yoga pose that you can do, that will help you feel better instantly. This pose is exceptionally good for you during your period, but even otherwise it is a really good pose because it is restorative and calming.
1. Place your sittings bones to the wall the lie-down and extend your legs up against the wall.
2. Rest the rams by the side of your body, turn your palms up and breathe.
3. Alternatively, come lie down on your back and lift the leg all the way up, then bend your knees and place your calves on a chair, this may be slightly easier.
4. Again, spine is flat to the floor and breathe slowly resting there for at least a whole minute.
4. Magic of the hands
We all have tried thousands of tips and tricks to calm down the crazy menstrual pain but none works. If none of the tips help you, here’s an easy and effective remedy to stop menstrual cramps instantly.
1. Stick your thumb to your forefinger, you’ll notice a small bump where the fingers join.
2. Relax and apply a gentle yet firm pressure on the spot for good 2-3 minutes.
3. This will decrease the intensity of the pain caused by the menstrual cramps.
This acupressure point not only calms menstrual pain but also helps releases toothache, constipation and hangovers.
We hope these hacks would make your period life bearable and pain free. There are plenty of things that annoy us during this, what are the things that annoy you about period? Also, share with us any period hack you have. It’ll make life easier for other lovelies….