Delhi Congress chief Sheila Dikshit instated in over 20 people from several parties, including Aam Aadmi Party (AAP), Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP), and Swaraj India Party, into the Congress on Monday.
During an event held at the Delhi Pradesh Congress Committee (DPCC) office, Rajiv Bhawan, here
- National president, Indian Backward Conference, BSP leader Haji Abdul Sami Salmani
- Former Councilor Anand Kumar Gautam
- General Secretary, Swaraj India party, Mohd Shahid Siddiqui
- Jamayate Siddiqui, Backward Conference, and who contested Parliament election from East Delhi on TMC ticket
- Chand Khan Abbasi, chairman, Abbasi Welfare Association
- Haji Arfeen Masoori, president Masoori National Conference
- AAP leader Haji Sharif Ahmed
- Islamuddin Kesari, Haji Irfan Qureshi, Farhan Anjum, J P Neta, Shahjad Ansari
- AAP general secretary Ansari Biradari, Haaji Isham Malik
- Hafiz Ahmed Ebadi, president Dhobi Welfare Association
- Mohd Abbas Mirasi, president Mirasi Samaj
- BSP leader, Mohd Umar Salmani
- Secretary Rashtriya Janata Dal, Mohd Irshad Saifi
- Vice-president Saifi Welfare Association, BSP leader Mohd Ishaq Mohammed, who contested the MCD election on BSP ticket from Raja Garden
- Dr Navjeet Luthra, AAP leader
Along with his 1000 supporters resigned from their party post and joined the Delhi Congress party in the presence of DPCC president Sheila Dikshit on Monday.
Sheila Dikshit said the “new members of the Congress family” will strengthen the party and help them reach greater heights in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections.
BSP’s Abdul Sami Salmani said, “The Congress is doing a lot for the poor, which is what we always wanted to do.”
Along with this, earlier BJP UP chief’s kin also joined Congress and says that future belongs to it.
It is none other than Amruta Pandey, who is Mahendra Nath Pandey’s brother’s daughter-in-law, joined the Congress on March 20 in presence of party general secretary Priyanka Gandhi Vadra in Chunar area of Uttar Pradesh’s Mirzapur district.
When asked about her decision to join the Congress, she said that she has an old connection with the Gandhi family and the party.
She said, “Now that Priyanka Gandhi has officially entered the politics, I, too, have decided to join the Congress party. The coming phase is not of Prime Minister Narendra Modi but of the Congress. It is not even clear if the prime minister will contest the Lok Sabha election or not.”
Amruta Pandey further said that the future of politics belongs to Congress and that’s why “I have decided to join the Congress.”
Is congress president Rahul Gandhi trying to bring people together, gain some support, expand his party and then win the elections?
Who do you think will win?