As the centre has finally decided to amend its 4.0 lockdown guidelines and has allowed domestic flight activities to begin from Mant 25, the private multinational as well as domestic airlines are all set to resume the services almost after 2 months of the nationwide lockdown. The airline industry has incurred a heavy loss this quarter. Today itself, the Airport Authorities of India have issued an SOP for the airports that mandates safety and security guidelines for the services.
On the other hand, the IRCTC website has allowed bookings on the website from 10 AM today. 200 trains will start their services June 1 onwards. These trains are special trains apart from Shramik specials and 15 special passenger trains operated by the Indian Railways.
Domestic Air Flights
In the guidelines, domestic airlines were not allowed until May 31 and there is still no clarification on whether the lockdown will be extended further or not. However, many airlines have started taking bookings from June 1.
However, one of the Bloomberg reports claims that the private airlines were not informed about the announcements. It was a blot out of the blue for many aviation companies. Top executives of three Indian airlines said that they learned about the new decision when the aviation minister tweeted it.
The report also says that it will be tough for aviation companies to prepare for operations, arrange for protective gear, deploy staff to ensure the virus stays away from flights in such short notice.
Things you must follow while travelling via airplanes:
- The disembarkation from the airlines will be sequential.
- The passengers will now have to follow crew members’ instruction strictly.
- Social distance and sanitation will be maintained at every level.
- Trolleys in the arrival area will be used sparingly.
- Transit passengers will now not be allowed to come out of transit areas.
- Social distancing and minimum touch will be maintained
- Only check-in bag and cabin bags are allowed
- Vulnerable age groups (old people, kids, and pregnant women are advised to avoid air travel)
- Wearing a mask is required.
- Aarogya Setu App should be downloaded in mobile phones.
There are a few pointers that one should consider before booking tickets on the IRCTC website.
- The 4 trains will be providing services from June 1 – Durontos, Poorva Express, Sampark Krantis, and Durontos.
- The trains will have both Non-AC classes and AC classes.
- All coaches including the general coach will be fully reserved.
- Only online e-tickets will be allowed through IRCTC website or through IRCTC app. No counter booking will be allowed.
- The advance reservation period shall be of 30 days maximum.
- RAC and waitlist will be generated as per extant rules.
- Waiting-list ticket holders will not be allowed to board the train.
- No tatkal and premium tatkal booking will be allowed.
Things you must have to board the trains:
- Face Mask
- Aarogya Setu App in your mobile
- Reach the station 90 minutes before your scheduled time
- No symptoms of COVID-19
How to book e-tickets:
- Log in to irctc.co.in.
- COVID-19 alert will be opo up. Agree to all terms and conditions and click on the OK button.
- Fill in your journey details and find out available trains as per your convenience.
If you have any doubts regarding Domestic Flights’ Bookings and IRCTC Train Bookings, DM CuriousKeeda