It has been 18 years already since the cult-film Dil Chahta Hai first burst into the aggregate consciousness of the youthful and the eager. This film was dope to such an extent that we are as yet spouting about even after over 10 years. That is likely in light of the fact that the film cut crosswise over genders and ages. If we somehow managed to draw examinations, it was the DDLJ for every guy, so to state…
It’s one of those uncommon work of art, that develops on you bit by bit. You go gaga for it at the primary sight however you figure out how to treasure it since you see the shrewdness behind each casing – from the clever comebacks to the silently sentimental moments of arguably the first-ever bromance film.
90s children who grew up watching Dil Chahta Hai can relate with the Goa trip more than anything else. Many of us have made plans with our squad for a Goa trip simply like the three closest friends in the film. While a couple of us went to Chapora Fort to repeat that famous minute from the film, a few of us needed to manage with useless plans and no Goa. For 18 years now, Dil Chahta Hai has been a most loved with film darlings, particularly in light of the different topics of millennial life it addressed. It instructed us to manage high points and low points in our lives with the help of our friends.
Dil Chahta Hai has taught us a lot of things, some of them being:
1. Just travel: be it with friends or with family or solo, just make it a point to travel
2. Life is a complicated journey and it will hurt you a lot
3. The friends you make in the early part of your life are the friends that will stay with you forever
4. Getting your heart broken is worth it as falling in love is a wonderful feeling
5. Men fall in love with women who are comfortable in their own skin and are strong-minded
6. Learn to forgive and forget
7. Ego is the worst enemy; it can kill the best of friendships
8. Age is just a number
9. Growing up sucks a lot
10. Not every relationship needs a name
11. Listen to your gut and heart, it will guide you home
Now that we learned these life lessons, let’s learn a few things that you probably did not know about Dil Chahta Hai.
1. The original gang in the movie was supposed to be Hrithik Roshan, Abhishek Bachchan, and Akshaye Khanna. After Hrithik and Abhishek walked out of the project, Farhan Akhtar waited almost 10 months to get an appointment with Aamir Khan to discuss the film.
2. Saif Ali Khan was almost not going to do the movie because it was made with sync sound, instead of getting actors to dub their lines.
3. Farhan Akhtar, Javed Akhtar, and Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy traveled to Lonavla and came back with the entire soundtrack fully composed and written in four days.
4. Preity Zinta loved “Koi Kahe Kehta Rahe” so much that she insisted on being a part of it, even though her character hadn’t gone to the same college as the guys.
5. Farhan Akhtar has suggested that he would love an all-female cast of the movie to make the sequel.
We can’t wait for that sequel anymore!
For Some Bollywood Update, Read On..
Read| It’s Confirmed! Salman Khan and Jacqueline Fernandez Starrer Kick 2 to Go On the Floors Next Year
Read| The Judgementall Hai Kya: What is your judgement?
Read| 6 Bollywood Upcoming Flicks You Just Can’t-Miss
Read| 7 Bollywood Celebrities and Their ‘Bizarre’ Demands